Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Winterim Fair!

Tonight is winterim fair and I'm so excited. Putting together my presentation makes me really miss New York and the amazing friends I made there. My first host sister Allie really brought me into the group and my second host sister Sarah made me feel really at home. Without all of the people I met I wouldn't have felt comfortable away from home so long and I couldn't have done this without them. In every class I was surrounded by friends. Going to classes really made me feel grateful to go to Maumee valley, not that their schools were anything less than great but I feel very privileged to be in a community where everyone knows everyone and we can have they personalized experience that larger public schools lack. I'm also very grateful to have winterim and have the opportunity I visit other schools and countries and broaden my horizons. I know I will get to see everyone again and I won't lose contact with any of the friends I made in New York. I really have a greater understanding of what I need to do to get the best out of my education and I can't wait to share my experiences with everyone at Winterim Fair tonight. Everyone should come to the library and to the theater to 8:00 to see me perform the songs from my debut album The Trouble Is... :) see everyone there!

No comments:

Post a Comment