Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What day is it? (I keep forgetting)

I'm really starting to fall into a pattern. Everything in New York feel so normal. This is starting to feel like home. This morning Sarah woke me up and I went to school. I had history like always and Ap Lang after that. Today in Lang I even raised my hand to throw my opinion into a debate we were having about George Orwell. In chorus I sang along with the tenors as they learned a new song and in voice class I sang for the teacher and she helped my technique a little bit and we decided on a performance date for the class (Friday). During my free I starting reading my over winterim book for LK and my new friend Justin talked to me about life. It didn't occur to me until ceramics started and I had to stop working in my piece today so that it would be ready by Friday that Friday is my last day here at PMHS. I took my art piece home for drawing and painting II because it has to be finished by Friday and tomorrow we won't be working in class. It feels so weird knowing that my time here is almost up. My new friends are starting to realize it to because they keep making plans to come see me after I go home. Allie and Mary Pat are planning to come see me when they visit Oberlin and Sarah wants to go on a business trip with her mom to Ohio just so she could see me for a little while. Michael keeps telling me to live here forever and right now I kind of want to. The people I've met here and the experiences I've had are like no other and it feels amazing being in New York and knowing that there are still more days here to come. Unfortunately I also have to remember that those days to come are numbered and I will be back on the midnight train Saturday. It's sad to think that, even when I do come home, my friends will not be home to see me. They are all networking and out of town and will not be back for another week. I guess his gives me some time to pulling everything together and be alone after my two weeks of constant contact. After school Sarah, Allie, Mary Pat, Michael, and I went to a new restaurant called Hungry's where they put all of your meal in a styrofoam box and you shake it up and eat it. It's called a garbage plate and it might be the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, but it was also the best tasting thing ever. I took a picture (its below) with everyone sitting at the tiny little bar in this tiny little restaurant, leaning over their garbage plates and looking crazy (as usual). When we got back to Sarah's house, everybody took naps while I started writing music and lyrics for my week home (where I will be recording the songs that I have written over these past weeks). The election is tonight and the votes are coming in right now and I know I should be watching it but I'm exhausted. These kids are always on. They have all the energy in the world and sometimes it's really hard for me to keep up. I'm trying though. Sarah had someplace to be tonight so it was relaxing night. I ate a lot of candy and took a long shower and layer in my bed and watched Netflix, just like being at home :). I'm so torn about leaving. I'm going to miss this place so much and all of the people I've met, but at the same time, I really miss home. I miss my friends and my family and my new puppy, Cassuis, and my bed. I REALLY miss my room. I guess the good thing is no matter where I am I know I'll be happy. Having such a great time here in Pittsford, New York I almost don't want to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment