Thursday, November 1, 2012

The first Thursday!

IT'S THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Thursday is Allie's favorite holiday. Every Thursday she comes to school happier than ever and carries actions this little stick with a hand on it and touches people. I'm going to take a picture with her at some point with baby hand (which is what she calls it) so that everyone can see just how creepy it is. Today was just like yesterday with a few exceptions. First, second, third and fourth periods were normal; history, Ap Lang, chorus, voice. Next was my free where I caught up on other people's blogs because Allie had gym ( which is something kids in New York have to take all four years). After free is my roaming period and today I went to a freshman honors geometry class and leaned the coolest thing. When I had geometry, Ms. Posta taught us how to do two column proofs. Two column proofs were the only proofs I'd ever seen and the only way I knew how to do geometry. Today in honors Geometry, Mrs. Gunther taught me about these new type of proofs that look like diagrams. Each proven side or angle has a section of blobs and lines (because my explanation is so vague and confusing I will provide a picture at the bottom) that show your method of proving. It was SO weird to see a different method of geometry because Ms. Posta was a strict teacher with only one method (not that this is a bad thing). The kids were also doing some basic algebra and it was fun to help them and see what I remembered about slopes from my freshman year. (I found out, unfortunately, that it was not as much as I should.) Monday instead geometry, I might go to an honors physics class and see how it differs from conceptual physics, which is what I take. I say Monday and not tomorrow because tomorrow in going on a field trip with Allie's US history class to go see a show about history. I'm not sure what its for yet but I'm excited to see what historical event we are going to see acted out ( and also I'm a little excited to skip some school). After roaming was lunch, and my two arts classes. I had to start out my cool pot today because it caved in on itself. It was incredibly disappointing. In drawing and painting II, I officially started to draw the picture of Natasha and Dylan in full costume from Chekov in Yalta. It's going to turn out great. After school I went to my first voice lesson at Eastman and, although it was incredibly informative, it was also a drag. I was late because I had NO idea where I was going and after she heard me sing she told me I was singing all wrong. She laughed when I told her I was a tenor. Apparently I'm supposed to sing in what I call my head voice and what she calls my normal voice... Which is quiet and lifeless compared to what I call my normal voice and what she calls my belt voice. Belt voices are reserved for 23 year olds and up and therefore I'm not supposed to sing like that yet. Of course upon hearing this, my world was crushed, my feelings were hurt, and I went home and cried (I'm a total overreacter). I never took criticism well and hearing that was heartbreaking since I just recently gave up all of my extracurriculars and all I have left is my guitar and my voice. I was so upset that after dinner Allie took me out for the best froyo I've ever had. I had Mocha Java with cookie dough and graham cracker crumbs . I was happy. After froyo was the much awaited chorus concert that I had been watching rehearsal for during school this week. Everyone was dressed up so dance (see pictures below) and they sang very well. Before the choir section there was a strong ensemble. Our strong ensemble at MV was better than then and it made me secretly happy because I have a lot of friends in strong ensemble at MV and I truly how talented they are now. After the choir section was the wind ensemble (which was basically a marching band). That section of the concert was longer than any concert Mrs. Seiberg has ever put on. Overall it was a great night and Sarah is sleeping over agains (YAY!) so pumped for tomorrow and the rest of my stay here in Pittsford. I love everyone. They have made this the best almost full week ever. HAPPY THURSDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment