Sunday, November 4, 2012

One week

It's been a week since I left Toledo, Ohio and ventured into the strange (yet oddly familiar) streets if Pittsford, New York. Since I didn't do very much today I thought I would start my blog off with a little reflection. This week I've gone to a new school. Image tons of new friends and I learned that I will always be able to find friends no matter where I go. I've also learned that students can manage things on their own, like the drama department that Allie and her friends run, and that had inspired me to speak up and start taking advantage of my capability to run things on my own. Maybe I'll start a club when I get home. Maybe I'll revamp the drama department. I've even strongly considered getting a job because everyone here seems to have a job. Kids in New York are very independent. Maybe it's time that I start becoming a little more independent myself. I've also learned that not all schools are as personal and individual as MV and sometimes being individual like that is the best thing for my education (no matter how much I complain about that individuality). I feel very fortunate to go to a school where everyone knows my name and wants to be a part of my education and wants what's best for me. I'm very lucky to have people looking out for me no matter where I am. One week of New York has gone by and although I have made a lot of friends and had some great some great experience and I'm having a fantastic time, I still really do miss home. Maybe I don't necessarily miss Toledo, Ohio but I miss the people and the places in it. My friends and my family, teachers and other students, I miss being back in my own comfortable atmosphere. When I go off to college things are going to feel like going to New York. Hopefully I'll be able to create a safe place like Toledo wherever I end up going, if not I will know what I am missing.

Today, because it was Sunday, was a very relaxed day. Allie drove us around to the mall and to target so she could buy sweatpants for a trip she's going in soon. After we were all done, I was transferred over to Sarah's house. I ate dinner with the Flynn family, which was a blast, and Sarah and I covered some songs. The night ended with me laying on the most comfortable rug, wrapped up in a blanket, watching arrested development. I was very content. Another calm day in Pittsford.

No comments:

Post a Comment