Saturday, November 3, 2012

IT'S FRIDAY PUMPKIN!!

(Yesterday I didn't get a chance to blog so this is Fridays blog a day late.)

"IT'S FRIDAY PUMPKIN!" Caroline says that in my favorite movie Nick and Norah's infinite playlist. Today I got to say it to everyone while we were on our way to school. Today I was going on a field trip and (after school) I would be hanging out with my new friends without Allie for the first time. Everything about today screamed new and exciting. When I got to school I went to my first two classes of the day. In US history we watched a video about the group of army men who shot Osama bin laden. Apparently the second man to shoot him wrote a book about the entire experience and all of the research that went into finding him. After history was AP Lang where Doc talked about all of the literary elements of The Scarlett Letter. He talked a lot about symbolism. As soon as Lang was over Allie and I went out to the buses and drove to Nazereth, a college in the area, to watch a play called Letters Home. It was a play full of monologues of real letters that soldiers sent home from the war in the Middle East. It was so awful to watch and everyone cried. Well everyone cried except Allie; Allie only cries when Angel dies in Rent. After the play and a short question and answer we went to back to school and ate lunch. After lunch were the arts classes; I worked more on my ceramic pot and finished the outline of Natasha and Dylan in drawing and painting II. After school I went to my voice lesson at Eastman. Again, it was an uncomfortable and heart breaking experience that ended in the shedding of tears when I got home. My voice teacher gave me a song to practice from a musical called Chess. I had to sight sing it in front of her and, even though I felt like I did a terrible job, she told me I can sight read pretty well (THANKS MR. BROWN!). after the traumatic voice lesson we went to Sarah's house for a little Friday party. Allie didn't show up until later that night so it was just me, Sarah, John, Erin, Michael, and Sean. It was a little scary at first being with all of these people because sometimes I still feel new and a bit unwelcome. It's probably all in my head but I'm trying really hard to be comfortable and fit in. We ate dinner and watched High School Musical. John, Sarah, and I sang every word of every song and we just made fun of the musical and the cast the entire time. Allie, Erin, and I ended up sleeping over at Sarah's house. We went to sleep in the reclining chairs of Sarah's HOME THEATER! It's so cool! Friday was a really good time and I can't believe my trip is almost half over already!

No comments:

Post a Comment