Monday, November 12, 2012

LAST DAY! :(

Today was my last day in we York and its devastating. Sarah and I woke up this morning to eggs and coffee cake, courtesy of Mrs. Flynn. We bought tickets to go see a semi- professional performance of The Sound Of Music for today so we saw that. It was really good. Watching all of the actors up there on stage really made me miss being a part of theater souvenir decided to try out for roles at other schools. Try out sound like they ate going to be soon (possibly the week after I get back) so as soon as I get home I must start practicing. These theater kids at PMHS really inspire me to reach out and try for different theaters when my own drama department isn't what I want. Needless to say I cannot wait to bring thief ideas to MV's drama clubs and see what kinds of improvements we can make to our own shows. ANYWAY! After the show we went back to Sarah's and got ready for the party. Everyone showed up at 6 and we ate fondue (THANKS MICHAEL!). We hung out all night, laughing, telling jokes, and singing of course, until 45 minutes before I had to leave. That's when things got serious and everyone started to get sad. They asked me to play... So I did. And Rey cried. It was heartbreaking. They kept asking me not to leave, like so had. A choice. Thankfully, everyone promised to visit and we exchanged address so I can write everyone letters, and the Flynn's drove me to the train station. When we got there we found out my train, which was supposed to leave at 11, wasn't leaving until 1 am, so I plan on sleeping all the way home. Wish me safe travels and goodbye New York. You've truly been amazing. I am going to miss all of my new friends tremendously. The experiences I've had here cannot be duplicated and I am so grateful to have done it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment